The council are consulting on the plans and anyone can comment. Copies of the document are available in the following places:
● the Council's website
● all borough libraries and the Council’s AccessPoint, which is on the Ground Floor of Laurence House.
● by contacting the Planning Policy Team on 020 8314 7400
Comments on the plan need to be sent to the council in writing:
● By email to firstname.lastname@example.org making sure that ‘Catford Local Plan Further Options 2013’ is the subject of the mail
● By post to Planning Policy, London Borough of Lewisham, 3rd Floor, Laurence House, 1 Catford
Road, SE6 4RU
You can also attend a consultation event and fill in a questionnaire at one of these - at the moment they are the Catford South Local Assembly on 28 February at Conisborough College and at Catford Broadway Market on 3 March.
The questions the Council are asking (taken from their website) include:
- Do you have any comments on the issues facing Catford and the opportunities this presents (Section 2)
- Do you support the Council’s vision, objectives and plans for key development sites in Catford? (Sections 3 and 4)
- Do you have any comments on the recommended or alternative policy options put forward? Particularly those for the key development sites? (Sections 4 and 5)
- Are there other policy options and/or alternatives you would like to suggest?
- Do you have any other comments on this document?
- Do you have any comments on the accompanying sustainability appraisal? (separate document - see link)
There is also a detailed traffic modelling summary, which proposes changes to how traffic is managed in the centre of Catford, where the A205 and A21 cross. It's complex to understand and will take a bit of reading and digesting.
The consultation period ends at 5pm on Friday 5 April 2013. The final version of the Catford plan will need to be approved by the government, after which it can be formally adopted by the Council.